Wednesday, April 21, 2010

prologue


The past year has proved itself to be quite challenging. Faced with the harsh realities of a competitive job market, low morale, and even lower motivation to effect change in my own life, I did what people in my situation often do: I ran.

For the first time in years I find myself alone, and it has been a struggle to answer questions that only months ago I thought I had answers to. I have been grasping at straws- trying to find something, anything that has been a source of motivation, clarity, and confidence in my life.

While motivation to climb has been low, it recently occurred to me how drastically climbing has altered my life- and only for the best. I decided to abandon the pursuit of a vocation, an education, and the one thing I held close for the last two years in exchange for some clarity, sanity, and ultimately self-preservation. And so, despite numerous setbacks, I find myself in Kentucky.




No comments:

Post a Comment